Rediscovering The Stereo Experiance



I bought myself a stereo headset recently for my laptops. I was never a fan of those conservative bulky headphones before and had purposely choose the more subtle and small earphones for all of my audio devices.

However with two children and the need to slow down the volume during bedtime, I had little choice but to get myself a pair of the hideous headphones last week. As I am using YM to call loved ones back home, my choice is limited to the computer oriented headphones with built in microphone attached.

Not willing to spend an arm and a leg over something that I have no knowledge off, I bought the mid-range headphones, over the better known brands, such as Logitec or Altec. So after paying 800 Din (RM 40) for my new Gembirds (yeah that is what it's called), I plugged it to my laptop and listen to some songs through it.

Surprise! Surprise! What a pleasant surprise, it sounds good! Deep thumping bass and no ambiance sounds to distract you. The Gembirds delivers a rich quality of sounds incomparable to any earphones I have owned. With an extra couple of AAA batteries installed into its volume control, the Gembirds gives users a delightful woofer effects that vibrates around the earphones.

Of course as sounds of MP3’s vary according to the quality of compression, I found that some songs sound quite normal and plain. However, when used with your standard television sets it is a whole new other story. While watching a car chase scene on the tele, i could experience the surround effects of cars buzzing left to right of the headphones. Frankly I would say the sound quality is comparable to any low-end home theater sold in the market, only way cheaper and great fun.

So guys! my advice go and buy yourself a pair of headphones and plug it to your TV's 3.5 mm jack. Forget about home theaters for now, you could not crank the volume without your neighbors confronting you the very next day. A headphone will allow you to crank the volume to your heart's content.

But here's a tip, you might want to invest in a pair of expensive headphones or the wireless ones if you have a large living room. Heck I've seen a model that offers a 5.1 surround channel (i don't recommend it as it uses special type of irreplaceable Headphones).

Hope you will find the headphones experience as pleasant as I do. Till next time, bye..

0 comments: