WEB 2.0
What is web 2.0?
Well according to what I saw on BBC's CLICK, it means big rich companies making money from out of their free services. Don't understand? well lets take youtube for instance, they provide free services for members to upload their clips, and in return the youtube people post it on the web and allow for commercials to be attached on the same page as the clips featured. Question, who get's paid? the owner of the clip or youtube?!
Another interesting fact was the degrading quality available on the web today. Web 2.0 also sees how the audience is now becoming the author of web contents. The issue now is whether what you read is true and who is accountable for the vast amount of information being posted.
It is not all bad news though, despite all the profit makers out in cyberspace, there are people who still wants to keep the net free for all. VIVA WIKIPEDIA! the only free encyclopedia written by netters world wide.
I am not going to comment on anything at this moment. I am happy to share what I have learned today and hope this brief write up would benefit some one out there!
INTERNET FOR FREE
0 comments:
Post a Comment