DIVX supports AVI files!!!!

For this week's weekend project, I experimented with my DVD player to see its compatibility in playing other widely used video formats available today. I know that most of you guys might think,"Geez go and refer to the user manual or something!!" Well I to tell you the truth, operating a DVD player is not like flying a rocket ship and doe not require you to graduate in advance science courses for your to start enjoying movies in the comfort of your home. Besides the DVD player I have now is loaned to me by my house owner.
Anyway what I learned today is that Divx compatible players are also able to play avi files as well. This is really good news since it will also mean that your will be able to squeeze huge avi files onto a single dvd-r data disc.
If you have tried burning a 700 mb avi files as an ordinary dvd disc, chances are you already have noticed by now that you could only one clip onto the disc. On the other hand if you record the video clips as data, you could expect to use the entire 4.7 gb disc space to hold up to 5 to 6, 700 mb videos files.
Publish Post
Device tested: Samsung DVD-P370 with Verbatim DVD R 4.7Gb burned with HP Laptop using bundled Roxio software
0 comments:
Post a Comment